I finished this little yellow afghan and sent it to a friend yesterday. (And in case you were wondering what I decided, I went with no edging.) I am still on a mission to use up yarn from my stash, so I decided to crochet another quick baby blankie to give away.
I crocheted a chain of 145 stitches and started a lacy strawberry pattern that incorporated a scalloped edging.
Then I decided that it wouldn’t do for a baby afghan. So I ripped it all out and started a new pattern, this time with a shell stitch. It actually turned out kind of nice, so I think I’m sticking with it. For now.
Oh, P.S. I used my KnitPicks ballwinder to change that skein into a more attractive flat-bottomed ball. In case you noticed the difference between the two photos. Because I’m a little compulsive like that.