As you know, on Valentine’s Day I found this little gem and rescued it from the trash. I gave it a makeover and shared a sneak peek. I promised a big reveal in two weeks, so today I give you the full deets! (Click on each photo to enlarge.)
The poor little bureau only had two working drawers, and they were missing their knobs:
I bought some aqua paint (Clark + Kensington Good Life) and four faceted glass knobs, and then I got to work.
I put wood putty over the extra holes in the front of each drawer, and then I painted them.
Sean built a shelf into the empty space where the missing drawer would have gone. He also drilled a couple of new holes into the top drawer for me.
I was hoping for a nice sunny day today where we could carry the bureau out to the backyard for a pretty photo shoot. Of course it was overcast all day and rained instead.
At about 5 PM, I’d had enough waiting and decided to take photos on the front porch, clouds and rain be damned. It did sprinkle a little, but I think the bureau did a nice job posing for the grand reveal.
And here it is, in all its upcycled glory:
I think it would make a great credenza for the TV, DVD player, and DVDs. It would also look great in my craft room where I store my yarn and fabrics. Either way, I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. It’s got me thinking of doing a lot more trash picking and upcycling. Stay tuned!