So I looked at all the yarn in the stash and pulled out these three little orphan balls that looked like they could go together, somewhat. Naturally they didn’t have their labels anymore (why? why didn’t I save the labels and stick them in the middle of the ball, like thinking people do?), but it was pretty clear that they were three different brands and dye lots. I figured they had the potential to be transformed into something cute.
I started with the multi-colored pastel ball and crocheted a few row of shells. Then it became pretty clear to me that I would end up with another small rectangle, like my most recent pink and yellow baby blankie. I decided I wanted to make something different this time, where I would start the piece at the center and work my way out. I could either crochet essentially what would be a round lace doily or a large granny square. I went with the granny square.
Here is my little Luchador mascot, who you will recognize from my blog header. We’re both trying to decide if we like how this granny square project is turning out.